Augustine: Despondent
Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums! We are the homeplace for Slender: Darkplaces, Augustine, Nightfall survival, and Revamped 1.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My WW2 mod for the PSP

+7
thonglover
mrgreezy3
Supermario641996
%ERROR%
Mexicouger
jastolze
drmabuse1981
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty My WW2 mod for the PSP Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:46 am

drmabuse1981

drmabuse1981
Commander
Commander

I am working on a WW2 mod for the PSP using Bakers newest ProQuake engine,
heavy modified with custom-hud (not fully done yet)
and there is alot of work already done.

The game will be multiplayer only and class based teamgameplay (rifleman, gunner, war-elite, allies vs. axis)
and maybe have ctf and some other gamemodes (one hit kills etc..)
maybe i will also port some stuff from the Revamped QC like the timed respawn and some other cool stuff Wink
healthsystem will be a mix of quake and the system from medal of honor:
when your health reaches 5 it will autoregen to 15 or 20 (still not sure about hte value),
and you can pickup medikits to fill it to 100 again.

Also the "map rotation" will be based on different scenarios:

- AfrikaKorps, maps and places in arfica during the ww2
- germany, maps inside germany during ww2, bombed buildings and stuff like that
- other maps, unsorted and "unfitting" maps, maybe some weird stuff like a nazi spacheship or funmaps (tetrisworld etc..)

But i need another modeler who can help making 3 weaponmodels:

a Browning BAR Machinegun, animated and matching to our existing armmodels,
a STG44 Assault rifle, animated and matching out armmodels
and a Luger pistol also animated and with a arm Very Happy

It is currentliy looking very good and is playable using the Frikbots (singleplayer selects
simple deathmatch on special map with own spawnpoints for the bots)...

at the moment it is looking like this:

My WW2 mod for the PSP Supernew1
My WW2 mod for the PSP Supernew2
My WW2 mod for the PSP Supernew3
My WW2 mod for the PSP Supernew4

If you want to help with the models just post here, also any other comments are welcome Very Happy

greets, drmabuse1981

Last edited by drmabuse1981 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forget some stuff)

2My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

This looks very nice! What AI are you planning on using? (I.E: Frikbot or Reaper or what?)
Nevermind: I didn't see that you were using the frikbot...

3My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 pm

drmabuse1981

drmabuse1981
Commander
Commander

FrikBot with some tweaks to handle the extra stuff like throwing grenades and using the knife, because the simple rule Very Happy

I also teached them already to use the rifles at a long range, and placed
some "Snipe" AI points on the maps, and i was really surprised xD

i was shoot more than once from a bot hiding inside a building at the window and shoot the crapo out of me Smile

4My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

Oh, since your using the proquake engine, I Noticed it didn't have resume support, and crashes after taking it off of standby. I know there's a fix for this, but it has to be done in the engine source.

5My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

Those maps looks very good

https://augustine.forumotion.com

6My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 pm

%ERROR%

%ERROR%
Legend
Legend

The first map reminds me of de_dust

http://yourdoomed.canadian-forum.com/

7My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Looks good. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Last edited by supermario641996 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

https://augustine.forumotion.com/

8My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:14 am

mrgreezy3

Brigadier Grade 1
Brigadier Grade 1

looks great cant wait for beta !!!! i still have Hellsmash also if anyone wants it just let me know its Drmabuse1981's work i just got it running on the psp is there gonna be ads (aim down site) in your mod that would be insane

9My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 am

drmabuse1981

drmabuse1981
Commander
Commander

Aim down sight:

My WW2 mod for the PSP Ironsight1
My WW2 mod for the PSP Ironsight2

It was in the game from the beginning Very Happy
It is still buggy and needs some tweaks but it works kinda like the zoom from Kurok Smile

EDIT: i am also thinking making specific classes like in battlefield (medic etc..),
so medic can drop 2 healthpacks each life and soldier can drop ammopack and the elite
has no dropable items, but smoke grenades.

EDIT2: Also if you want to make a map for this mod feel free to do that, but keep the limits:

- Only Q1BSP, keep it small, the game will have a maximun of 8 or 10 players
- make it ww2 look-a-like, or like seen above based on the "AfrikaKorps" setting

also we dont have any custom spawns coded in, so we need also the RMF file and the used texturewad.

Last edited by drmabuse1981 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : items)

10My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:17 pm

mrgreezy3

Brigadier Grade 1
Brigadier Grade 1

drmabuse my man you always make my day since hellsmash i still play that bad boi on my psp go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you letting a beta hit the fan?

11My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

If you need any help with coding something, shoot me a message or just ask for help here on the forums and I'll see what I can do.

Good luck!

12My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 pm

thonglover

thonglover
Hero
Hero

This is going to be the best psp homebrew game ever! Btw will you be able to play over wifi or same old local?

13My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:26 pm

drmabuse1981

drmabuse1981
Commander
Commander

i think only local ad-hoc, i dont have a 2nd psp with wifi to test..
my 2nd psp is the PSP "Street Edition" with no WiFi -.-

14My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:33 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

Hey Mabuse, I was thinking, maybe since it's based on a real war, you might want to use real life damage functions such as:
1. Realistic Falling damage. - No more losing only 10 health from a fall that would normally kill you.
2. Wounded players, much like the mod for quake 2, (Action Quake) where if you're shot in a major spot, the player should be hurt every 6-8 seconds or so for losing too much blood.
3. Blurred vision: When shot at, or hit from a grenade, (if, for some freak reason you'd survive) your vision would be blurred.
Oh, and if not everyone agrees with this, you COULD make it to where you toggle these functions on/off via impulse command. Hope this helps a little. Smile

15My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:44 am

drmabuse1981

drmabuse1981
Commander
Commander

falling damage will be improved, and deadly xD
When you jump down from a building you will die Smile

Also the weapons have new stuff like bullet spaking like in Kurok
and some tweaks, also the kar98k bolt actin rifle can you kill now ith one shot,
the damage from the smgs is now higher too.

Also added a health regeneration, but it is very very slow, so you should still use medikits.
I also made a "shitty" sprite for the bulletsparking...

and now it is finally time for bed xD

My WW2 mod for the PSP 2012082620120826new3

16My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:51 am

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

Hmm. Im kinda skeptical about dithering. I don't know if it helps or hurts really. I tested it with Revamped 1 and didn't like it. I know what it does but still, bleh.

17My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:50 pm

drmabuse1981

drmabuse1981
Commander
Commander

Dont worry, i added a slider to the optins menu, so you can switch it on/off anytime Wink

18My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:14 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

drmabuse1981 wrote:Dont worry, i added a slider to the optins menu, so you can switch it on/off anytime Wink
This looks like it will be very promising. Oh, before I forget, how many weapons will there be before you're satisfied with the game?

19My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:30 am

drmabuse1981

drmabuse1981
Commander
Commander

Not really 100% sure, but the follwing weapons are inside now:

Colt M1911, Thompson, MP40, Kar98k, M1 Garand, MG42 and the Sten...

Also missing is the BAR and the P38 pistol, but the final weaponlayout might change..

20My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 am

KittyCat

KittyCat
Major Grade 1
Major Grade 1

drmabuse1981 wrote:Not really 100% sure, but the follwing weapons are inside now:

Colt M1911, Thompson, MP40, Kar98k, M1 Garand, MG42 and the Sten...

Also missing is the BAR and the P38 pistol, but the final weaponlayout might change..
Still looking very good at the moment Very Happy

21My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:40 pm

%ERROR%

%ERROR%
Legend
Legend

drmabuse1981 wrote:
Colt M1911, M1 Garand

I'm sold.

http://yourdoomed.canadian-forum.com/

22My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 pm

thonglover

thonglover
Hero
Hero

For how much?

23My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

Frickbot wrote:
drmabuse1981 wrote:
Colt M1911, M1 Garand

I'm sold.
I'm putting a price tag on you, Frikbot. Anybody who has 20 dollars can now buy him legally. Here's a list of the features he possesses:
- Will dance (for food)
- Will Play the violin... Poorly
- Will play Dance Dance Revolution with you (cost $1.50 every game)
- Much more!!!

Now, even you can have your own Frikbot. Just go to your local Walmart store or call 1-800-442-5645. XD

24My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 am

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

drmabuse1981 wrote:
1-800-442-5645. XD
Is this just a random number?

25My WW2 mod for the PSP Empty Re: My WW2 mod for the PSP Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:35 am

KittyCat

KittyCat
Major Grade 1
Major Grade 1

Mexicouger wrote:
drmabuse1981 wrote:
1-800-442-5645. XD
Is this just a random number?
I can bet everyone here called that number XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next