Augustine: Despondent
Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums! We are the homeplace for Slender: Darkplaces, Augustine, Nightfall survival, and Revamped 1.

You are not connected. Please login or register

psp port of augustine

+4
Mexicouger
Dusterdoo
jastolze
XSpalter
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1psp port of augustine Empty psp port of augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 am

XSpalter

Captain Grade 2
Captain Grade 2

2psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 am

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

Yeah, unfortunately there's no psp port. However, it makes sense for one reason (possibly more): The PSP from what I understand can't handle the Darkplaces engine, or any QuakeWorld specific port for that matter :/

3psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Dusterdoo

Dusterdoo
Commander Grade 1
Commander Grade 1

jastolze wrote:Yeah, unfortunately there's no psp port. However, it makes sense for one reason (possibly more): The PSP from what I understand can't handle the Darkplaces engine, or any QuakeWorld specific port for that matter :/
You got that sorta backwards... The PSP can't handle the new graphics and models that are being used in the game, its not that the PSP can't handle DarkPlaces. DarkPlaces hasn't even been ported to the PSP yet.

4psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

Dusterdoo wrote:
jastolze wrote:Yeah, unfortunately there's no psp port. However, it makes sense for one reason (possibly more): The PSP from what I understand can't handle the Darkplaces engine, or any QuakeWorld specific port for that matter :/
You got that sorta backwards... The PSP can't handle the new graphics and models that are being used in the game, its not that the PSP can't handle DarkPlaces. DarkPlaces hasn't even been ported to the PSP yet.
yeah, that's what i was saying. By the way, I can't help but remember your username from somewhere... Are you involved at all over at the GTA cheat device forums? Because that's where i first thought i heard it.

5psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Dusterdoo

Dusterdoo
Commander Grade 1
Commander Grade 1

Yep. But i left there a while ago.. Me and Nerner got into a bit of an argument, and he banned me.

6psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 am

XSpalter

Captain Grade 2
Captain Grade 2

i dont think that anyone port the darkplace engine its to hard but i think there is someone which can do that a coder names crow_bar can do that.
he has portet the quake 2, quake 3 ... engine.
look here http://www.psphome.ru/pspgames/psp_hbgames/page/2/
i think he can port the darkplace engine if anyone can contact him.
i think that is him youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Wcrowbar#p/f
and he is a freand https://www.youtube.com/user/XToxa17X#p/u/5/uFiCgSFy8oc
(sorry for that bad english)

7psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

I know Crow_bar, he also made DarkQuake.

I think that Darkplaces is a bit out of anyones range of porting because the PSP has too much limited memory to run all it's features.

https://augustine.forumotion.com

8psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm

XSpalter

Captain Grade 2
Captain Grade 2

yes your right. Neutral
we must wait for the hack of the ps vita Very Happy

9psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Dusterdoo

Dusterdoo
Commander Grade 1
Commander Grade 1

XSpalter wrote:yes your right. Neutral
we must wait for the hack of the ps vita Very Happy
Erm... the PS Vita's API will most likely be very similar to the PSP's... Meaning it is not likely that DarkPlaces will be able to be ported to it.

10psp port of augustine Empty Herp Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Tycho

Tycho
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

XSpalter wrote:
i dont think that anyone port the darkplace engine its to hard but i think there is someone which can do that a coder names crow_bar can do that.
he has portet the quake 2, quake 3 ... engine.
look here
i think he can port the darkplace engine if anyone can contact him.
i think that is him youtube channel
and he is a freand
(sorry for that bad english)

The point of DarkPlaces is it's meant to be a modern upgrade to Quake. It is absolutely impossible the current build of DarkPlaces would be able to run on the PSP. Of course, you could try disabling a ton of features, but then you would just have normal Quake.

tldr no psps Augustine.

11psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:14 pm

XSpalter

Captain Grade 2
Captain Grade 2

Erm... the PS Vita's API will most likely be very similar to the PSP's... Meaning it is not likely that DarkPlaces will be able to be ported to it.
the ram of the ps vita is bigger then the psp
and i think its possible to run darkplaces engine on psp
but i think darkplace engine +augustine mod requieres to mutch ram

12psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Dusterdoo

Dusterdoo
Commander Grade 1
Commander Grade 1

XSpalter wrote:

The ram is not the problem, the API is the problem. It's not possible to run darkplaces on the psp.

13psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

It is if it was ported. (Which would take alot of work)

I'm not sure if all the features would be able to be ported however.

https://augustine.forumotion.com

14psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:49 am

XSpalter

Captain Grade 2
Captain Grade 2

The ram is not the problem, the API is the problem. It's not possible to run darkplaces on the psp.
sorry wath is the api Question
i nether hear this word
It is if it was ported. (Which would take alot of work)

I'm not sure if all the features would be able to be ported however.
i think it ,too
it like i run quake race on the psp quake engine it runs very sh**

15psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Tycho

Tycho
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Dusterdoo wrote:
XSpalter wrote:

Actually, EVERYTHING is the problem. First off, the DarkPlaces API (OpenGL), second off, there really isn't enough RAM, and especially not enough video RAM, for the psp to pull off some of the effects Augustine is using. Then comes the cpu, which is clocked at 333 mhz. Now, modern cpu's usually are around 2.5-3.0 gigahertz and are usually have multiple cores.

Anyway, as Mexi said before, the people a PSP port would bring aren't the best sort. I personally agree, and looking at the sort English the people in this thread are using, you can get a sort of sandboxed look at what Augustine's fanbase would degenerate into (see above post).

16psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 pm

%ERROR%

%ERROR%
Legend
Legend

Tycho wrote:
Dusterdoo wrote:
XSpalter wrote:

Actually, EVERYTHING is the problem. First off, the DarkPlaces API (OpenGL), second off, there really isn't enough RAM, and especially not enough video RAM, for the psp to pull off some of the effects Augustine is using. Then comes the cpu, which is clocked at 333 mhz. Now, modern cpu's usually are around 2.5-3.0 gigahertz and are usually have multiple cores.

Anyway, as Mexi said before, the people a PSP port would bring aren't the best sort. I personally agree, and looking at the sort English the people in this thread are using, you can get a sort of sandboxed look at what Augustine's fanbase would degenerate into (see above post).

I dont think quake uses the full power of the PSP

http://yourdoomed.canadian-forum.com/

17psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:08 am

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

I think that if Darkplaces was to be ported that it would work but not all features would be available on the PSP do to its low performance and such. It would be more compatible with the SLIMS then the PHATS do to the RAM differences. This can be shown by the fact that on the N64 emulator, Daedalusx64, Conker's Bad Fur Day works on the SLIM but not the PHATS do to the little hardware changes. The RAM.

Last edited by supermario641996 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

https://augustine.forumotion.com/

18psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 am

Tycho

Tycho
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

No....It won't work....Because DarkPlaces uses OpenGL. You obviously haven't read or understood our posts.

Alex, you are right, Quake doesn't use the full power of the psp, but DarkPlaces is many times beyond the psp. DarkPlaces is written for modern computers, not handheld devices. And it's ENTIRE 3D renderer is written in OPENGL. There's no OPENGL on the psp folks, game over. You would have to re-write the ENTIRE renderer. When finished, it wouldn't even be darkplaces anymore.

THERE IS NO OPENGL THE PSP. AND IN CASE SOMEBODY MENTIONS PSPGL, THE FUNCTIONS THE TWO POSSESS ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE.

19psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 am

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Tycho. Just because its on OpenGL doesn't mean it couldn't be ported to something like fritzquake. Maybe not all the features will work but still. Now before you say. That would take to much work and would be pointless. This is the fact that it might work. Not that it won't and will. Also the Darkplaces engine is not new. It is fairly old in a since. "Modern Computers" were not so modern back in 2002.

20psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:22 pm

%ERROR%

%ERROR%
Legend
Legend

supermario641996 wrote:Tycho. Just because its on OpenGL doesn't mean it couldn't be ported to something like fritzquake. Maybe not all the features will work but still. Now before you say. That would take to much work and would be pointless. This is the fact that it might work. Not that it won't and will. Also the Darkplaces engine is not new. It is fairly old in a since. "Modern Computers" were not so modern back in 2002.

"Modern Computers" these days have 256bit graphics cards and 8 core processors, im pretty sure a 1 core and a 16bit graphics card can run quake

21psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Tycho

Tycho
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Alex wrote:
supermario641996 wrote:Tycho. Just because its on OpenGL doesn't mean it couldn't be ported to something like fritzquake. Maybe not all the features will work but still. Now before you say. That would take to much work and would be pointless. This is the fact that it might work. Not that it won't and will. Also the Darkplaces engine is not new. It is fairly old in a since. "Modern Computers" were not so modern back in 2002.

"Modern Computers" these days have 256bit graphics cards and 8 core processors, im pretty sure a 1 core and a 16bit graphics card can run quake

Very few people use octo-core processors, in fact, i've never met someone on the internet with one before.

Also, yes, DarkPlaces started back in 02, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been updated. It has had many, many updates, and Augustine is going to take advantage of those, if what Mexi says is true.

Why won't you guys accept that it's a handheld from 2004? It's not even as powerful as a computer from 2002, and an extra 32 megabytes of Ram is hardly enough.

But if you're all so desperate Augustine on your PSP, why don't you do it yourself instead of whining about how it MIGHT be possible?

22psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:02 pm

%ERROR%

%ERROR%
Legend
Legend

Tycho wrote:
Alex wrote:

Very few people use octo-core processors, in fact, i've never met someone on the internet with one before.

Also, yes, DarkPlaces started back in 02, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been updated. It has had many, many updates, and Augustine is going to take advantage of those, if what Mexi says is true.

Why won't you guys accept that it's a handheld from 2004? It's not even as powerful as a computer from 2002, and an extra 32 megabytes of Ram is hardly enough.

But if you're all so desperate Augustine on your PSP, why don't you do it yourself instead of whining about how it MIGHT be possible?

Im not complaining im just saying. and btw i have a 8 core processor and it turns out its a custom processor. so instead of 8 cores its more like 6

23psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Tycho

Tycho
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Alex wrote:
Tycho wrote:
Alex wrote:

Im not complaining im just saying. and btw i have a 8 core processor and it turns out its a custom processor. so instead of 8 cores its more like 6

No, I'm not talking about you, but about the people who are in total denial about Augustine being PC only. I use a Quad core processor, but my motherboard does support hexcores, so i might end up getting one in a year or so depending on whether anything starts to support the extra two cores.

24psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Tycho. Stop taking everything to heart. Not one person is complaining. In fact. Your the only person who is taking this like it is your job to say that Darkplaces will not work on the PSP. Fine ok. You win. It will not work at all on the PSP. Now. Unless your trying to start a fight with this here moderator. Please stop taking this to heart. Really. No one here is in denial that the PSP is not ported to the PSP. If you were here longer. You would have known that all of us like and understand why that it was not ported. Now stop acting like you have been here for ever and be nice to the other user.

25psp port of augustine Empty Re: psp port of augustine Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Tycho

Tycho
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

supermario641996 wrote:Tycho. Stop taking everything to heart. Not one person is complaining. In fact. Your the only person who is taking this like it is your job to say that Darkplaces will not work on the PSP. Fine ok. You win. It will not work at all on the PSP. Now. Unless your trying to start a fight with this here moderator. Please stop taking this to heart. Really. No one here is in denial that the PSP is not ported to the PSP. If you were here longer. You would have known that all of us like and understand why that it was not ported. Now stop acting like you have been here for ever and be nice to the other user.

I'm not taking anything "to heart", I'm just trying to make you see that DarkPlaces won't work on the PSP. The reason this debate has continued (and yes, it is a debate, not a fight, and nice of you to remind me that you're a moderator) is that periodically new counterarguments were presented (DarkPlaces was made in 2002, not all features would be available, it could be ported over to another version of quake, the slim has more ram, etc). You've also commented, but haven't seemed to have read the material in the thread because your posts demonstrated only a basic understanding of how DarkPlaces, OpenGl, and the PSP work (not to mention the English language).

Also your assumption that I feel I have been here "forever" is somewhat rude. I've only been here for two weeks, and you seem to feel that by participating in this argument I'm overstepping myself somehow. However, I do admit that the "denial" statement wasn't quite right, as I was mainly thinking of some of the comments on the announcement in the original post.

As for me not being nice, it was a simple reaction to the rampant meaningless conjecture in this thread. I never said anything vulgar or particularly offensive, and if you take my insinuation of whining "to heart" then you obviously need to mellow out.

I'm not starting a fight, I was continuing a debate, which was what this thread was for. But by doing this, apparently I'm starting a fight with a moderator. Yeah, alright.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum